Sometimes camera batteries run out of charge, therefore, “ how to charge Canon camera battery without charger “ is of vital importance for you to know. You might not be able to get a shot of your desire in a situation where you won’t be able to access a camera charger.
Losing the charger to your Canon camera can be a setback, but it’s not the end. There are alternative ways to supply power to the Canon camera. In this article, we’ll discuss the different ways how to charge a Canon camera without the charger.
This article mentions the quick, effective, best, and working methods to charge a Canon camera battery without a charger.
There are 4 methods to charge the battery of a Canon camera without a charger:
- Using an electric wall plug
- Using a power bank
- Using a computer
- Replacing batteries
Before proceeding with the approaches, you must first determine whether or not your camera model includes a USB port. The majority of these other techniques depending on the presence of a USB port. This is seldom a problem since USB ports are now standard on most newer models, but it is always a good idea to double-check.
1. Charging the Canon camera with an Electronic wall plug
If your camera did not arrive with a power chord, check to see that the power cord you choose is compatible with your Canon camera before purchasing it. If you possess a Canon camera, it may come with a small power adapter or a USB charging cable, depending on the model.
- USB adaptor for the electric wall plug
- Right size replacement cable
If you lose your charger, you may still use the wall socket to charge your camera. Simply use a USB wall converter to convert the port and a suitable cable to connect to your camera. This will assist in obtaining electricity for your gadget.
How to charge Canon camera battery using an electronic wall plug?
You can charge your Canon DSLR camera by this process:
- Turn off the camera
- Locate the USB port and plug in the cord (remove the rubber cover if needed)
- Locate the electrical outlet and insert the USB wall adapter.
- Connect the cord to the adaptor now.
- The presence of an orange LED shows that the camera is charging.
- Remove the cord when the LED turns green.
How long does it take a Canon camera to charge with USB?
It will generally take 3 to 4 hours to completely charge your camera using this strategy. This approach will work as long as you have a USB wall adapter.
2. Charging the Canon camera using a power bank
You can charge your camera with a power bank. This is a simple and easy but time taking technique. This is convenient since it eliminates the need for a wall outlet.
Read Also: How to
- Suitable and charged Power bank
- USB cable
A power bank is a portable charger that may be used to charge a variety of devices such as smartphones and cameras. Power banks are highly handy and a wonderful method to charge your camera if you lose your charger since they can be used without any outlets and just need a USB connector.
Keep in mind that your power bank must have sufficient power to charge your camera effectively.
Look for power banks with a capacity of 30,000 mAh, which are generally sufficient for Canon cameras.
How to charge the Canon camera with a power bank?
- Turn off the camera.
- Keep the camera and the power bank near together and connect them using a USB cord.
- Check whether the power bank is turned on or not.
- Take note of your camera’s LED or any other indicator that the camera is correctly charging.
- After your camera has completed charging, disconnect.
Look at the rear of the camera; there may be a light on the bottom right. If the battery is low, it will blink red and then turn solid green to indicate that it is charging.
How long does it take to charge the Canon camera using a power bank?
It takes almost 4 hours to charge the Canon camera with a power bank. The green light will turn off when the battery is fully charged, and the battery indicator on the top of the camera will signify that it is fully charged.
Which power bank will charge a camera?
Now that you’ve got your power bank, double-check to see whether it has enough juice to charge your camera.
Charge your camera battery to find out how much juice it has:
- Remove the camera’s rechargeable battery.
- Find out how many mAhs (milliamperes) of energy your battery consumes in the specifications. This will determine the size of your power bank.
- Your Canon battery, for example, may need 1,400 mAh. You can simply charge your Canon camera battery if you get a 30,000 mAh power bank.
This effective method in response to how to charge Canon camera battery without charger isn’t a good and preferable solution/
3. Charging the Canon camera with the computer
You can charge your camera with a computer. Some cameras support this technique, meanwhile, some don’t. It takes a lot of time to charge the camera battery in this way.
It’s vital to double-check that your camera can be charged this way, since certain devices, such as DSLRs and mirrorless cameras, need more power. And this isn’t going to work for these cameras.
However, if you have a Canon point-and-shoot camera, this approach may be suitable. Reading the instructions that came with your camera is a good way to double-check.
How to charge the Canon using a computer?
To use a computer to charge your Canon camera battery, follow these steps:
- Your camera’s battery should be inserted.
- Because some cameras won’t charge if the memory card isn’t in place, be sure you have one.
- Turn off the camera. Because the battery may not charge while the camera is switched on, this is a vital step. It might just wish to connect to your PC to send data.
- Connect your camera to your computer via a USB cord. Remove the rubber cover that conceals your camera’s cable connections. Connect the power cable that comes with your camera to the camera’s cord connection point.
- Connect the wire to a USB port on your computer.
While charging, there may be a light at the connecting site that will illuminate. Your battery may take up to three hours to charge.
When the battery is completely charged, the light will turn off.
You can also do this all by having a look at pictorial representation.
Canon is officially undecided about this. Some of their content advises against it, while others encourage it. Before you do anything, make sure you understand your camera’s specifications and the hazards associated.
4. Replacing batteries of a Canon camera
If you’ve misplaced your charger and your camera is about to die, the best thing you can do is get a new pair of batteries.
This is frequently pricey, depending on the batteries your camera uses; nonetheless, it is the only way to consistently charge your camera without using a USB connection.
This procedure isn’t often utilized since it may be extremely costly and isn’t a very good option. Most individuals replace the batteries first, then hunt for a new charger to replace the one they’ve misplaced.
- A pack of AAA batteries that match your camera’s power rating (usually 9 volts)
How to replace the batteries of a canon camera?
The summarized process of changing a canon camera is as follows:
- Turn off your camera.
- Look for the battery compartment on your camera (usually at the back)
- Open it with caution (some require a screwdriver to open it)
- Get rid of the old batteries.
- Place the new batteries one at a time, ensuring that the connections are correctly connected.
- Shut the hatch.
- Switch on the camera.
All you have to do now is double-check the placement of the batteries.
7 Battery Care Tips for Canon Cameras
After reading about how to charge Canon camera battery without charger, it must be taken into consideration how you can take care of your camera battery.
Here are seven suggestions for keeping your Canon camera batteries in good shape.
- Even if your lithium batteries are still charged, you should charge them as needed.
- Keep them in a cool, dry area with some charge remaining.
- Before you stop charging your batteries, ensure sure they’re completely charged.
- Because every Canon camera model is different, see your camera’s instruction booklet for charging instructions.
- Keep your batteries warm while using them in chilly weather since the cold causes them to run down quicker.
- Keep a supply of spare batteries on hand.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the battery contact points.
Can I charge my camera with a phone charger?
You should be alright as long as your charger outputs at 5V, however, if it’s less than 500mA, charging will take longer.
Can I charge my camera through HDMI?
Yes, it is correct. You can charge using a 30 pin, however, Jatekman is correct in that you can’t charge via an output, such as the HDMI connector.
Can you charge EOS R with USB C?
The newer RF-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, such as the EOS RP and the somewhat older EOS R, can be recharged by USB-C while the battery is still in the camera, unlike Canon’s DSLRs.
Can I charge EOS-R with a power bank?
The LP-E6N battery within the EOS R may be charged via the Canon EOS R USB-C charging port. You may use either an AC adapter or a power bank, as long as it supports Power Delivery.
Can you charge Canon G7X II with USB?
The Canon PowerShot G7 X cannot be charged through USB, according to Canon. You must use an external charger to charge the battery. USB charging is available for the PowerShot G7 X Mark II. If that’s your camera, try a different USB Micro-B cable first.
Fast flashing suggests a problem with the battery pack or a bad connection between the battery and charger. Remove the battery from the charger and wipe the metal contact terminals on the battery with a dry cloth or cotton wool. The battery may need to be changed if the flashing persists.
A troubleshooting message appears automatically when a printing issue occurs, such as the printer running out of paper or the paper jamming. Follow the instructions in the message to take the right action. The Alarm light glows orange when a problem occurs, and a Support Code (error number) is shown on the computer screen.
How do I know if my camera is charging?
Charging begins when the camera is plugged into an outlet and the battery is installed, as indicated in the diagram. While the battery is charged, the power-on bulb progressively glows green. The power-on bulb goes off when the charge is finished.
How do I turn off the orange line on the Canon camera?
- Set the power switch on the camera to [ON].
- To access the menu screen, use the [MENU] button.
- To pick the [– 3] tab, press the ,  buttons or spin the  dial.
- Select [Disable] using the ,  buttons or the  dial, then hit the  button.
Can you charge Canon rebel with USB?
No, you won’t be able to charge your Canon Rebel cameras through USB. You’ll need a Canon CB-2LZ Battery Charger and a compatible battery pack to properly charge your camera. Because putting a camera into a USB port only provides electricity to the camera, this is the case. It does not charge the battery in any way.
You should be able to charge your Canon DSLR without a charger after reading this guide about how to charge Canon camera battery without charger. Charging with a computer is quite sluggish, so having an extra power bank on hand is your best bet.
Can you use Canon camera without a battery?
It’s also worth noting that the camera won’t work until the battery is installed. On the day of usage (or just before), charge the battery. In regions with 100 240 V AC electricity (50/60 Hz), the small power adaptor may be utilized. Use a commercially available adaptor for power outlets with a different format.
How do you charge a Canon camcorder?
This is how you can charge your Canon camcorder:
- Turn the camcorder off.
- Connect the camcorder to the battery pack. Slide the battery pack up until it snaps into position by gently pressing it into the battery attachment device.
- Connect the adaptor to the power cable.
- Connect the power wire to a wall socket.
- When the camcorder is switched off, the charging process begins.
Can you charge M50 with USB?
The Canon M50 does not have an internal battery charger, but the USB power adapter allows you to connect a power bank and power the camera as if it were the battery.